God Quotes

As the poet said, “Only God can make a tree” – probably because it’s so hard to figure out how to get the bark on.

The feeling remains that God is on the journey, too.

God loves each of us as if there were only one of us.

It is easy to understand God as long as you don’t try to explain him.

Before God we are all equally wise – and equally foolish.

Everyone ought to worship God according to his own inclinations, and not to be constrained by force.

If there’s one thing I know it’s God does love a good joke.

Mathematics is the language with which God has written the universe.

I think that God in creating Man somewhat overestimated his ability.

Sure God created man before woman, but then again you always make a rough draft before creating the final masterpiece.

God makes three requests of his children : Do the best you can, where you are, with what you have, now.

I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.

God thinks within geniuses, dreams within poets, and sleeps within the rest of us.

God made everything out of nothing, but the nothingness shows through.

As to the gods, I have no means of knowing either that they exist or do not exist.

If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name in a Swiss bank.

When a man takes one step toward God, God takes more steps toward that man than there are sands in the worlds of time.

There are no accidents. God’s just trying to remain anonymous.

One reason God created time was so that there would be a place to bury the failures of the past.

If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken Him completely by surprise.

God is a thought who makes crooked all that is straight.

I myself do nothing. The Holy Spirit accomplishes all through me.

God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh.
^ Scroll to Top